This is the story of my journey trying to lose over 70 pounds, regain my life, and hopefully help others have success doing the same thing.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stepping things up...

Well, after nearly a week of doing almost NO exercise (as the result of a combination of weather, location, and pre-scheduled activities), I've hit it hard this week.  I've been attempting to do more, shorter workouts.  In other words, rather than spending an hour on the machines every other day, I try to do 15-20 minutes twice a day.  I don't know if it has made much difference yet (too soon to tell), but I FEEL like it is.  I'll know better on Tuesday AM when I can use my "control" scale at home.   If I could believe the ones in the hotel workout rooms, I'd say I'd lost about 7 pounds in the last couple of weeks, which just ain't the case!  Besides, the actual "correct" number isn't what's important.  By that, I mean that I don't care what my weight is as much as how much it's changed.  SO-- I'll know how I've done in a few days.

However, my goal is NOT to hit a target weight.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, my goal is to change myself to a person with better habits.  Given that I got up early the last couple of days just to work out, I'd say I'm making some progress in that department!  I'm confident that if I stick with these changes, I will see the weight drop, the clothes fit better, and the muscles get stronger.

It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment