This is the story of my journey trying to lose over 70 pounds, regain my life, and hopefully help others have success doing the same thing.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Band on the Run

Well, last time I posted, my blog title was almost valid--I was at 274 pounds, almost back DOWN to my "top" weight of 270 that is in the title of the blog.  Well, I'm pleased to say that I am now WELL below that.  As of my last weigh-in this morning, I am at 258 pounds!  This is the third day in a row that I've weighed in below 260, so I'm calling it official.  My next goal is to reach the weight that I was when I got out of the Air Force in 2007--250 pounds.  I figure at a pound or two a week, it should take one or two months, but it's going to happen.

Over the last six years of my airline career, I've had to get a physical every year.  I keep the medical certificates from previous years in a file.  Since each one shows my weight at that physical, I can compare my current weight to my weight over the years.  I had a physical yesterday, and my current weight is the second lowest of any I've had yet! Only my first airline medical from 2006 (the one I had to have before my interview) was lower--247 pounds.  And when I got that one I had just completed a triathlon!  (OK,a short one, but it was still a triathlon...)  So I feel pretty good about how things are going.

As I have spoken about in my last couple of posts, I have a new tool in my weight loss journey-- the Jawbone UP.  You can see the details in the other posts, but basically, it is a wristband pedometer.  It was really good for my motivation--for a while. Unfortunately, I walked it to death!  It gave up the ghost about a month and a half ago.  I applied for warranty replacement, and they say they are going to do it, but of course MY size and color is on back-order.  SO--I've had to do without it for a while.  My pace of weight loss has definitely slowed.  Since I'm not logging my walking, I don't think to log my EATING, and I'm quite sure I'm taking in more calories than I was when I first got the UP.  (Still less than before I started this, but not as MUCH less...)  Hopefully, my band will come home soon, and I can get back to this in earnest.

Having said that, I'm still walking a lot--three to six miles a day about six days a week. (Sunday, too, if I can work it into my schedule, but that's rare...)

Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment